Plastic Ply for Decoupling tiles from Wood or Concrete floors
Timber floors are prone to movement, Plastic ply is a stable alternative to over-boarding with plywood to prevent the timber movement affecting the tiles and grout.
Benefits of Plastic ply under Tiles
- Decouples tiling from timber substrate, helping to prevent tile cracking
- Levels off a floor where Wetroom decks abuts floor boards or chipboard sheets
- Eliminates over-boarding with plywood
- Not affected by changes in humidity or moisture
- Suitable for smooth concrete or timber
- Plastic ply is easy to cut and lay with its self adhesive backing
Application of Plastic Ply
On non "wet areas" Plastic Ply is laid on to the floor and tiled over using flexible powder type tile adhesive.
In the "wet areas" of a wetroom, tanking liquid is applied over the Plastic Ply before the tiles are laid.
Plastic ply is suitable for use with electric under floor heating.
Supplied as packs covering 1.2m2 per pack (4 sheets 500mm x 500mm), thickness 2mm mesh